Health & Wellness:
Resources & Programs
Campus Health, Counseling & Psychological Services, Student Wellness, Campus Recreation
- A wealth of Campus Health services are available to you, from acupuncture to flu vaccines to primary care.
- If you have paid the Campus Health fee, you can use Campus Health for that term. Learn more about who can use Campus Health.
- Many services at Campus Health are available to you at no further charge.
- You need an appointment for most non-urgent situations. Schedule online for primary care, gynecology, acupuncture, nutrition, and immunizations. Appointments for all services are available by phone at 919-966-2281 or request using the Healthy Heels web portal.
- Parking is available for you while you are visiting Campus Health.
Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)
- A variety of CAPS Services are available to you, including initial assessments, medication management, individual therapy, group therapy (e.g., dissertation groups, parenting groups), and coping skills workshops.
- First-time counseling services are available the same day without an appointment on the third floor of Campus Health.
- Access a confidential online self-assessment to learn more about your specific mental health needs.
- For self-guided work, check out the CAPS page on common mental health topics.
- Parking is available for you while you are visiting CAPS.
- A range of programs and services are available to you, including graduate student-focused workshops on self-care, healthy relationships, stress management, mindfulness, sleep management, and wellness coaching appointments.
- Watch for in-person workshops throughout the year in collaboration with The Graduate School and on-line webinars to be posted for easy access and reference.
- Remember to consider the eight dimensions of wellness — it's not just about physical and emotional health!
- NOTE: All new students are required to complete the Sexual Assault Prevention module before the end of the first semester.
- A range of programs and facilities available to you, including group fitness classes, intramural sports, and dedicated expeditions designed to build community among graduate and professional students.
- Every student receives an automatic recreation membership through enrollment and payment of mandatory student fees, at the cost of $105/year. Student membership is effective only during currently enrolled semesters.
- Remember that physical health is important to overall health and well-being and tightly connected to other aspects of health and wellness. Even if it's just 15-20 minutes a day, get up and engage in some form of physical activity! Your body will ultimately thank you for it.