Alumni and Community
UNC-Chapel Hill is proud of our more than 61,000 alumni who have earned doctoral or master's degrees. They are making a significant difference in their communities, both locally and globally.
Carolina Chronicle: Forging connections between graduate alumni and graduate students and highlighting graduate education at Carolina.
Featured Graduate Alumni
- David Csizmadia
- David Csizmadia uses the voice he developed at Carolina to help others be heard.
- Walter O. Farabee:
- Walter O. Farabee is the Minority and Women's Business Enterprise Coordinator for the City of Winston-Salem.
- William Evans:
- William Evans has used his graduate degree in education to help mentor and protect young people.
- Catherine Frank:
- Catherine Frank revels in the view of Mount Pisgah from her office window, and it's a view that can take her mind as far away as Chapel Hill. Even though she has lived in Asheville since 2010, Frank values her enduring connection to her former home.
- Johna Register-Mihalik:
- Johna Register-Mihalik's research into sports-related traumatic brain injuries goes directly to adolescent quality of life, well-being in North Carolina
- Elizabeth Robinson:
- Elizabeth Robinson was a physics major who approached her choice of undergraduate electives with a sense of adventure. In the spring of her sophomore year, the Bowdoin College student selected an introductory archaeology course — and the rest is history (or, to be more specific, ancient history).
- Rose Stremlau:
- Originally from Illinois, Stremlau pursued graduate education at UNC-Chapel Hill and now contributes to teaching, research and service as a UNC-Pembroke faculty member
- Elizabeth Teviotdale
- Elizabeth Teviotdale's commitment to manuscript studies and, specifically, to paleography has led to many rewarding professional experiences.
More graduate alumni in North Carolina:
UNC-Chapel Hill alumni making contributions in NC—and beyond!
Read about current Carolina graduate students and news
- Carolina Chronicle- Graduate School News- Winter 2015
- Carolina Chronicle- Graduate School News- Fall 2014
- Carolina Chronicle- Graduate School News- Summer 2014
- Graduate School Newsletter- Spring 2014
- Graduate School Newsletter– Fall 2013
- Graduate School Newsletter– Summer 2013
- Graduate School Newsletter– Winter 2013
- Graduate School Newsletter– Fall 2012
- Graduate School Newsletter– Spring 2012
- Graduate School Newsletter– Fall 2011
Graduate Alumni serving Carolina: Graduate Education Advancement Board
The Fountain Archive, a publication highlighting graduate education at Carolina, 2000-2013
Questions? Comments? How to reach us
Associate Dean for Interdisciplinary Education, Fellowships, and Communication
Mary Anne Larson
Director, Office of Development