Welcome to UNC!
UNC was first chartered in 1789 and opened in January 1795. Graduate education began in 1876. Today, there are 8,000 graduate students, 2,300 professional students, and 17,500 undergraduates. There are currently 107 master’s, 74 doctorate and 4 professional degree programs offered.
North Carolina Residency
Incoming and Current Students
- First Steps for Newly Admitted Students
- Graduate Student Orientation
- UNC Graduate Student Guide
- English Proficiency Assessment
The Graduate School and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill believes in providing a rich, multi-cultural and diverse learning environment for all students and faculty.
The Graduate School Professional Development Program prepares students for academic and career success.
- Professional Development program
- Professional Development Guide
- Upcoming Events
- VersatilePhD Premium Content Login
Graduate Student Center
The Graduate Student Center (GSC) is a central meeting space for graduate and professional student groups.