Welcome to UNC!
UNC was first chartered in 1789 and opened in January 1795. Graduate education began in 1876. As of the fall 2017 census, there are 8,531 graduate students, 2,518 professional students, and 18,862 undergraduates. There are currently 80-plus programs offering more than 160 different graduate degrees.
North Carolina Residency
Incoming and Current Students
- First Steps for Newly Admitted Students
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Graduate Student Campus and Community Resource Guide
- International Graduate Students at UNC
The Graduate School and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill believes in providing a rich, multi-cultural and diverse learning environment for all students and faculty.
The Graduate School Professional Development Program prepares students for academic and career success.
- Professional Development program
- Professional Development Guide
- Upcoming Events
- VersatilePhD Premium Content Login
Graduate Student Center
The Graduate Student Center (GSC) is a central meeting space for graduate and professional student groups.