NRC: A Data Based Assessment of Research Doctorate Programs
There were four questionnaires used as part of the NRC Data Based Assessment of Research Doctorate Programs. The links below are the final drafts of the surveys.Some of the data was gathered by the Graduate School (GS) and the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (IR).
Student Questionnaire(full NRC version; not to be filled out)
- The only students who will be participating in this survey are in four fields: English, Economics, Physics and Astronomy, and Neurobiology.
- The NRC will distribute the student questionnaire to a list of advanced doctoral students supplied to the NRC by the programs.
- Every student who responds will receive $15 from the NRC.
- The deadline is currently June 30, 2007. Thanks to all for meeting this deadline!
- The student letter and tip sheet
Faculty Questionnaire(full NRC version; not to be filled out)
- The NRC has distributed the faculty questionnaire with passwords to faculty members, who will be asked to complete them by February 22, 2007. Thanks to all for meeting this deadline!
- Only Core and New faculty will need to fill out the questionnaire. For the NRC definitions of participating faculty, please see our Faculty website.
- The faculty tip sheet
- To assist faculty in completing their questionnaire, we are providing the faculty lists submitted to NRC here. Faculty members can search on their names to find doctoral student committee counts and research specializations.
- Download the searchable Faculty Lists(.xls). (updated February 1)
- Text of the NRC emailmessage inviting participation. If you need to have your username and password information resent to you, please enter your UNC email address on this website.
- Letter from the Dean of the Graduate School
- Letter from the Provost concerning the NRC
Program Questionnaire(full NRC version; not to be filled out)
- Responses to the program questionnaire will come from two sources.Data that are centralized on campus will be provided through the GS and IR.
- Programs will need to complete a shorter version of the questionnaire that asks for individualized data about their programs.
- The campus version can be completed here. COMPLETED
- Instructions and FAQs
- DEADLINE: each program must complete their survey by Monday, January 22 to allow enough time to merge the centralized data with the program data. Thanks to all for meeting this deadline!
- GS and IR will fill out this questionnaire.