DAAD Grants for Study & Research in Germany
Types of Grants
DAAD Research Grants and Study Scholarships are awarded to highly qualified students wishing to perform research or study in Germany. There are different eligibility requirements for the Research Grants and the Study Scholarships. Please see the DAAD website for more information.
DAAD Research Grants are awarded to highly qualified doctoral candidates who are early in their academic/professional careers or to individuals wishing to earn a doctoral degree in Germany.
If you are applying for the 10-month DAAD research grant or short-term DAAD research grant (October deadline), you must pre-apply through The Graduate School.
If you are applying for the short-term DAAD research grant (May deadline), please apply directly through the DAAD website.
DAAD Study Scholarships provide highly qualified individuals with an opportunity to do independent study in Germany or to complete a full Master's degree program at a German university.
You must pre-apply for the DAAD study scholarship through The Graduate School.
Pre-Selection deadlines are posted on the funding deadlines calendar.
How to Apply
|10-month DAAD research grant||Pre-Apply|
|Short-term DAAD research grant (October deadline)||Pre-Apply|
|Short-term DAAD research grant (May deadline)||Apply Directly to DAAD|
|DAAD study scholarship||Pre-Apply|
Instructions for both the Pre-Selection Application and for applying directly are on the DAAD website. The website details the application documents that must be submitted.
First, complete the application online via DAAD
Once you have completed your online DAAD application, you should submit a pre-application through The Graduate School's online application system:
- Prepare a copy of your final DAAD application with signature.
- Submit your materials to The Graduate School Award Online Application.
- Ask your recommender to send their official letter of recommendation via email to email@example.com or via campus mail to Campus Box 4010 (only one original letter is necessary; The Graduate School will make all appropriate copies).
- The fellowship and award approver for your department will receive an email notifying them that you submitted your application, and your application will be routed to The Graduate School for review.
- We will notify awardees in early November.
Graduate School Fellowships Office