I am concerned about a graduate student

If this an emergency situation, including an imminent threat of harm to self or others, call 911 or the UNC Police Department at 919-962-8100.

In addition to the resources provided on this page, you can schedule a meeting to discuss your options with Kate McAnulty and/or Laura Thorp in The Graduate School's Office of Student Affairs.

Student Affairs Team

Kate McAnulty

Kate McAnulty
Senior Associate Dean, Student Affairs
(919) 962-7774
Bynum Hall, Room 203

Laura Thorp

Laura Thorp
Director, Student Affairs
(919) 962-7786
Bynum Hall, Room 207

Aliyah Griffith

Aliyah Griffith
Graduate Research Assistant

I am concerned about a graduate student.

Student Affairs provides guidance in all aspects of the graduate student experience, including but not limited to academic ineligibility, extension of time to degree, advisor/mentor concerns, interpersonal conflicts, general academic support, leaves of absence/parental leave, and withdrawals.

You are encouraged to submit a Care Referral Form to report any concerns you have for a student. Your referral will be assigned to a member of staff in the Dean of Students office for review and response within two business days.