Academic Success & Professional Development
Are you working on your writing? Still figuring out time management? Seeking funding for the year or summer? Already thinking about how to apply your degree? Wherever you are in terms of improving yourself, developing strategies, and seeking out opportunities, know that a wealth of resources exist within Carolina to assist you with your academic, personal, and professional development. We are here to help you develop who you are into who you want to be.
Check out the GPSF Resource Guide for more information and opportunities.
THE GRADUATE SCHOOL
- The Graduate School Handbook
- Admissions & Enrolled Student Services
- Diversity & Student Success (DSS)
- Graduate School Professional Development
ACCESSIBILITY & ACADEMIC SKILLS
- Accessibility Resources & Service (ARS): ARS provides reasonable accommodations, so students with disabilities who are otherwise qualified may, as independently as possible, meet the demands of University life. ARS works closely with students, their faculty, and their programs based on student disclosure of disabilities.
- Writing Center: The Writing Center offers one-on-one feedback on any writing project, at any stage of the writing process. The Center provides English language and American culture services to non-native speakers of English, including writing groups, speaking groups, workshops, and online videos. The Center also organizes dissertation bootcamps and support services throughout the year.
- Learning Center: The Learning Center provides one-on-one academic coaching, peer tutoring, study workshops, and online tools to support student success. The Center also offers assistance for those with ADHD, a learning disability, or any other disability that impacts your academic life.
- University Libraries: The University Libraries provide a wealth of in-person and electronic resources, including discipline-specific librarians and libraries.
RESEARCH & TEACHING SUPPORT
- Office of Sponsored Research
- Center for Faculty Excellence
- Odum Institute for Research in Social Science
- Environment, Health & Safety
- Safe@UNC Trainings
- Mental Health First Aid Trainings