**If you are a prospective or current graduate student experiencing impacts from the war in Ukraine, please contact The Graduate School via firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your situation.**
Welcome to UNC!
The Graduate School offers a wide range of resources to incoming and current students to help our students excel. The graduate student experience goes far beyond the classroom; it brings with it the benefits of a first-in-class public university designed to serve our state. Building our community together, mental health and wellness, and resilience are all part of how we support you during your time on campus.
As students CHART their time at Carolina, we want them to remember a few things that will assist them in making the most out of their experience.
- Whether students are new to or familiar with the Triangle and UNC, these links provide helpful information on exploring the region and campus, finding housing, registering to vote, navigating parking and public transit, and engaging with campus and community organizations and activities.
- Given the importance of health and wellness to holistic student success at UNC, these links provide useful information on health insurance requirements and options, physical and mental health services, and recreational opportunities on- and off-campus.
- UNC has a wide array of offices and services to help students become better students, better research and teaching assistants, more creative thinkers, more confident leaders, and more thoughtful contributors to society. These links connect students to key offices that help students build important skills during their time on campus.
- Student life at UNC is not simply about getting excited about the successes, but also about navigating the challenges thoughtfully and resourcefully, while asking for guidance and support in order to move forward productively. These links connect students to key offices that help students address a wide array of concerns.
- The Graduate School is a critical touch point for students from admissions to graduation and beyond. In addition to highlighting key areas and individuals within The Graduate School, these links provide information on how and where to access upcoming events and opportunities, including our various social media platforms.
Incoming and Current Students
The Graduate School provides direction and guidance to incoming students on settling into life at Carolina and to current students on navigating the highs and lows of graduate student life.
- Admitted Students Checklist
- Ask a Dean: Questions and Answers
- New Student Modules
- COVID-19 Resources
- Health, Safety and Academic Concerns
- Graduate Student Orientation
- C.H.A.R.T. Guide with Resource Links
The Graduate School can help connect you to funding options. You can apply for merit-based grants, awards, fellowships and assistantships. Many of these funding awards include full tuition support. You may also apply for financial aid, including need-based grants.
North Carolina Residency
North Carolina Residency for In-state Tuition Purposes
Diversity and Student Success
The Graduate School and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill believe in providing a rich, multicultural, and diverse learning environment for all students and faculty.
The Graduate School offers significant professional development opportunities to prepare students at Carolina for academic and career success.
Graduate Student Center
The Graduate Student Center (GSC) is a central meeting space for graduate and professional student groups.
Frank Porter Graham Honor Society
The Frank Porter Graham Graduate and Professional Student Honor Society (FPGHS) acknowledges the outstanding contributions of graduate and professional students, as well as faculty, staff, and friends of the University.