Graduate Student Research Travel Exceptions - Student Instructions

All exceptions for university-affiliated travel by graduate students must be pre-approved by the provost with a favorable recommendation from the traveler’s 1) department chair or director of graduate studies; and 2) appropriate senior administrator (school dean or associate dean).

Requests for exceptions should be submitted via the Rapid Admin Service Request (RASR) system. Applicants should select “The Graduate School” under the Group Selection tab and complete the “Graduate Student Request for Travel Restriction Exception” form.

If you are unable to access the RASR system, please contact Julie Montaigne at

The application form requires the following information:

Applicants can follow the approval progress of their application in the RASR system under “My Forms.”

Submit Research Travel Exception Request »

If you are an approver for this process, please visit Travel Exceptions - Approver Instructions for more information.